Sunday, May 9, 2010

Unwavering Will

Yesterday I was seeing match against chennai super kings and mumbai indians with lot of expectations of a thrilling match. As a chennaite I support chennai super kings. I want hayden , dhoni , raina to fire and beat the rivals. I cheered when haydos hit the balls. I was happy to see harbajan getting hit for runs. When sachin tendulkar came to bat I was praying that he should get out as early as possible. I was disappointed when bollinger’s bouncer missed sachin’s bat. I was hoping he would edge the ball. When sachin was going well I was very sad but when he retired I was happy. But again he came back to take the charge and I got so much frustrated to see him bat fearing he might take the game away from csk.
After the match got over with super kings emerging as winners I went to bed and was thinking about the match. Only then I realised that I actually wanted haydos to hit bajji for six. I wanted bolinger to take sachin’s wicket. I was wondering what I was actually wishing for. Sachin has been a player whom I always wanted to hit no matter who ever bowls at him. I always wanted hayden to get out of bajji’s ball whenever he bowls against him. But today I was actually wanted the things to happen in reverse order. When india plays I support india , I support sachin, I support harbajhan, I want hayden to get out, but now my thinking has changed. I was questioning myself have I become insane? Am I becoming hypocrat?
Then I realised with changing times and situations the thinking process of men also changes. Most people say that they stand for their principles and ready to die for the same. But how much of those promises are true. Though there are many sachin fans in chennai how many of them supported sachin in yesterday’s match. Though mumbai cheers dhoni whenever he leads indian team how many mumbaikars actually cheered dhoni when he lead csk against MI. the answer is not many.
Mind of men fluctuate at higher rate. Men always cheer and want only those things that are favourable to them. Most of them don’t care for the principles they talk of. Men are more self centered except a few. I make exception because there are few men who had lived and are living in the present, trying to make a difference by standing hard on their principles they follow. But most of the times those people are branded as lunatics. Only a few percentile in that creamy layer are recognised for the their contributions.
With the fast changing world and rising demands life has become more cynical. Darwin postulated survival of the fittest theory for animals in the evolution of world, but now humans are following that theory. With the competition around, people think mostly about their welfare rather than thinking about the welfare of the world around us.
On my to way office I saw a man met with an accident and was bleeding. There were many people passing by and most them are like me going fast to reach the office on time. No one bothered to call the ambulance or ready to provide first to that man(including me…..). a fellow is in distress and yet we think about ourselves first. I was ashamed of myself when I reached office. Though we talk so much about welfare of the world, we put our work first instead of standing by our principles.
We speak of helping people, but when we are given an opportunity to do so we are not ready to dirty our hands. People must know what they really want to do and what they can do. They must not oscillate between principles and possibilities. As gandhi said deed and creed must be the same. Even if there are many oppositions for our thought we must be brave enough to put forth our views and face them without any hesitation. We must not take refuge with the situation and excuse ourselves from deviating away from our principles. Our focus must not change no matter whatever the difficulty we have to face.
Only those who have stood by their principles have attained greater heights even after they leave this world. they have left great legacy behind them.
“Not all successful men are remembered today, but all men who are remembered today were the ones who had an unwavering will to stand by their principles.”

No comments: